When you’re bored, you usually have the tendency to do things that don’t normally make sense. So today we are going to share with you a list of crazy stuff that will remind you what is cool and fun to do when bored.
1. GO for a walk or bike ride.
Being active is one of the best ways to keep yourself entertained and happy. Not only that, but it will help you stay fit and healthy as well. If you find yourself feeling bored, get up and go for a walk or bike ride around your neighborhood. You’ll be glad you did!
2. Give yourself a manicure or pedicure.
If you’re looking for something a little more relaxing than going for a walk, give yourself a manicure or pedicure! It will give you something fun to do while also making your hands look nice which can lift your mood instantly.
3. Read a book.
You don’t need a Kindle or an iPad to read books anymore! Simply grab one from your local library and read away – it will be enjoyable and relaxing at the same time! You can even try reading some romance novels if you want something sexy; they always seem to cheer me up when I’m feeling down…
When you’re bored, it can be hard to know what to do. You don’t want to spend your time on mindless activities that won’t help you grow or make progress in any way. Instead, try these ideas:
4. Write down 10 things you’re grateful for and why.
The act of writing can be very therapeutic and will help you focus your thoughts. It also helps solidify the positive things in your life, which is always a good thing! If you have trouble coming up with things to be grateful for, just ask yourself “what am I most thankful for right now?” Then write about it! This can be done anytime, anywhere — whether you’re sitting on the bus or at home watching TV.
5. Play games on your phone or computer.
This is one of my favorite ways to pass the time when I’m bored because it keeps my brain busy while still allowing me to relax and zone out from the world around me. Games like Candy Crush Saga are great because they give players a sense of accomplishment after each level they complete — which helps keep us motivated to continue playing until we beat them all!
Fun and Creative Things To Do When Bored as an Adult
- Watch a new movie or show on Netflix, Hulu, etc.* even if it’s not one that you would normally pick*.
- Listen to music and dance around the house like no one is watching!
- Try a new recipe in the kitchen.
- Do a puzzle.
- Plan something fun for the near future.
- Make a list of places you’re dying to visit.
- Search for online classes that sound interesting
- Spring clean your bedroom.
- Look up local events that appeal to you and make plans with your friends or family.
- Write down things you’re grateful for.
- Listen to music that puts you in a good mood.
- Bake something delicious, whether it’s cookies or homemade bread or pie.
- Go on a walk around your neighborhood or take your dog to the park.
- Learn a new language
- Try out a new recipe.
- Repaint your nails
- Organize the cabinets, drawers and closets in your house
- When you get bored at work, find ways to think more creatively
- Do some cardio exercise to get your endorphins flowing and feel energized in just minutes
- Deep clean your oven or microwave
- Rearrange the furniture in your home to make it feel like a whole new house
- Make a list of fun things to do with kids when you’re a babysitter!
- Play with your pet and go on adventures together!
- We are all bored sometimes but there are plenty of good ways to use our time when we are bored!
- Learn a new hobby by watching online tutorials (such as painting, calligraphy, cooking, photography, video editing, etc.).
When you’re bored, you can find yourself doing strange things like watching paint dry or wondering what it would feel like to put your finger into a spinning blender. However, there are also things that can be done to cure boredom as an adult.