Advantages and Disadvantages of Tractor Type and Pusher Type Configuration
- fewer restrictions on construction
- maneuverability is simple.
- Propellers with greater aerodynamic stability may aid in cooling the engine.
- It is less likely that the propeller will touch the ground because it is in front of the aircraft.
- Loud operation.
- The pilot’s view may be obstructed by a propeller.
- Increased rate of drag
- Propeller is vulnerable to damage because it has less defense against outside debris.
- The wing behind the propeller cannot provide any lift because of the turbulence it produces.
- less noise from operations.
- not in the way of the pilot’s vision
- Lower rate of drag
- provides improved propeller protection
- There is no need for fuel to pass underneath the crew compartment.
- more difficult to create
- Lower risk of survival during an accident
- Greater likelihood that the propeller may strike the ground during takeoff due to its location
- Does not help the engine cool
- Due to the propeller’s usual use in warplanes, it runs the risk of being damaged by incoming bullet shells in the rear position.